Maximizing a New Hire from Day One
The hiring freeze is officially over! If your team or department is now seeking new talent, it’s a great time to refresh and improve the onboarding process to ensure they get up-to-speed as quickly as possible once hired.
A good onboarding experience should leave new employees prepared and excited to start their new role. And onboarding is not just the responsibility of the human resources department.
Here are some things you can do to help out with onboarding:
- If you’re a manager: Prepare your employees and get employees excited with a smooth transition without being bogged by administrative tasks.
- Create an agenda on their first day so they can hit the ground running.
- Get their workstation ready so that they can have their own office space.
- Build in opportunities for feedback.
- If you’re a teammate: Help new teammates get integrated into the team and foster socialization.
- If you’re on a different team: Learn how to build on onboarding opportunities and make work relationships with new coworkers.
Download the guide for a full step-by-step guide to a successful onboarding transition.
To learn more about onboarding, attend the “How to Be an Onboarding Champion” session at the Next Generation of Government Training Summit, taking place July 27-28 in Washington, D.C. Register by June 16 to lock in the early bird rate.