At the NextGen Government Training Virtual Summit, we aim to have diverse, insightful and engaging speakers. We are excited about our upcoming virtual summit on May 15, 2024: How to Maximize Your Career Potential, and we are looking for great speakers working in or with government to help us build a compelling lineup. Speaker submissions are due by April 15, 2024.
Speaking at NextGen is an amazing experience and if you have ever attended, you know that the NextGen audience expects presentations with high energy, especially in a virtual setting.
If you have unique insights or experience to share with our public sector audience, please apply. We’re committed to hearing from diverse voices and perspectives and we look forward to reviewing your application!
Please read the following information in its entirety before submitting your speaker submission. Once you’ve read over the details, you will enter your submission via the form at the bottom of this page. Please take time to familiarize yourself with this year’s NextGen Virtual Summit agenda to decide which type of session you’d like to map your speaker submission.
For 20-minute keynote sessions, we’re looking for speakers who:
- Have a great story to tell and a passion for sharing your knowledge with others
- Can share a unique perspective on problem-solving, innovation, creativity, inspiration or achievements
- Provide clear successful use cases, best practices, teachings and how-tos.
For our breakout sessions, we’re looking for speakers who:
- Can facilitate a virtual interactive conversation around a professional development topic
- Provide clear successful use cases, best practices, teachings and how-to’s
- Have experience working with or in government and how these tools can realistically be applied within government
Now that you have an idea of what we’re looking for, here are a few helpful tips for crafting your speaker submission so that you get selected to speak:
- Outline your talking points – consider why an attendee should give you their time.
- List what problems your session will address.
- List and rank your key takeaways.
- Who is the audience for your story?
- What is the takeaway or action item the attendee walks away with?
Once you have those five things outlined, you are ready to apply to speak at NextGen! When submitting your application, be as precise and descriptive as possible – the more direct you are, the easier it is for our team to understand exactly what you would like to speak about: