At the NextGen Government Training Virtual Summit, we aim to have diverse, intelligent and experienced speakers. We are really excited about our 12th summit and are looking for great speakers working in or with government to help us build a compelling lineup.
Speaking at NextGen is an amazing experience and if you have ever attended, you know that the NextGen audience expects presentations with high energy, especially in a virtual setting.
If you’re thinking “I have a great story to share, should I submit my idea?” then check out the details below to get a good idea of what we’re looking for and then submit your application!
In order for your speaker submission to be considered, you need to choose an existing session from the office NextGen Virtual Summit schedule. We will not accept submissions that do not map to existing sessions.
That being said, our session titles and abstracts can be tweaked if you are selected as a speaker! We will work with you to develop a session that plays to your particular expertise as well as fulfills the needs of our NextGen audience.
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with this year’s NextGen Virtual Summit schedule. You’ll notice there are three different types of sessions to choose from this year:
For 20-minute keynote sessions, we’re looking for speakers who:
- Have a great story to tell and a passion for sharing your knowledge with others
- Can share a unique perspective on problem-solving, innovation, creativity, inspiration or achievements.
- Provide clear successful use cases, best practices, teachings and how-tos.
For our 75-minute breakout sessions, we’re looking for speakers who:
- Can facilitate a virual interactive conversation around a professional development topic
- Provide clear successful use cases, best practices, teachings and how-to’s
- Have experience working with or in government and how these tools can realistically be applied within government
Now that you have an idea of what we’re looking for, here are a few helpful tips for crafting your speaker submission so that you get selected to speak:
- Outline your talking points – think about why an attendee should give you their time.
- List what problems your session will address.
- List and rank your key takeaways.
- Who is the audience for your story?
- What is the takeaway or action item the attendee walks away with?
Once you have those five things outlined, you are ready to apply to speak at NextGen! When submitting your application, be as precise and descriptive as possible – the more direct you are, the easier it is for our team to understand exactly what you would like to speak about:
- Let us know what other speaking experience that you have.
- Be sure to select the NextGen Summit session that maps most closely to your expertise.
The final day to submit an application is May 15, 2021.
Questions? Email [email protected]. Thanks very much and we look forward to seeing you at NextGen!
Submit your speaking submission here: